3. Affect it has on family members and loved ones – I hate that Diabetes causes stress to my loved ones and that they have to worry about me!!!
5. Hypos and highs - Keeping your blood sugars on an even keel is so challenging and sometimes you get the extremes of a hypo (low blood suagr) or a hyper (high blood sugar). These extremes can be very scary for both the person with Diabetes and their loved ones.
|The bruise and the cause of it (infusion set)!!!!!!|
7. Being constantly attached to a “machine” - I had my pump last August and I will admit that even though I love it and appreciate that I'm lucky to have it, I do still have big issues from time to with feeling like a 'bionic woman' / robot with my pump attached to me!!! It's really not the most attractive look and not the greatest fashion statement I've ever made. I do sometimes look at it with a sense of hatred when it's on the side in the bathroom and I really feel like not re-connecting it after a shower etc. I guess that hatred is more about hating Diabetes as that is the reason I have to re-connect it, rather than hating the pump itself.....if thqt makes sense. I dont know if other people feel like that...I'd be interested to know how other pump users think.
8. Carrying supplies everywhere - sometimes I'd just like to be able to carry a small bag around with me instead of what seems on occasions like a small suitcase!!!! He he :o)
9. Endless appointments at hospitals, physio, dieticians, GP etc.
10. The devastating long term complications and the threat of what might happen in the future
11. Not being able to eat a single thing without thinking about it first
12. The 24 / 7 / 365 of it all - It's a constant numbers game and you are always in pursuit of perfection. There's no break from it.....ever!!!
13. Wondering what life would have been like without my constant companion
14. Depression.....that's a whole other blog post
15. Lack of awareness / incorrect reporting in the media / discrimination
16. Pregnancy fears - I'm at the time in my life now where I want a family and I have been looking into Diabetes and pregnancy a lot....all I can say is its very scary!!!!